UFC 278 incorporates a title combat I have been enthusiastic about for years: A well-earned rematch between present pound-for-pound king Kamaru Usman and Leon Edwards.
These two confronted off very early of their UFC careers, again in 2015, now each have risen to the highest of their division and get to battle it out a second time. Within the first contest Usman largely wrestled a really inexperienced Edwards to an unanimous determination, however each have improved dramatically since then. Usman has grow to be one of many biggest UFC fighters to have ever graced the octagon, however Edwards has additionally had an important run. He hasn’t misplaced a single bout because the Usman contest and is at the moment driving a daft 10 combat win streak.
Many consider Edwards represents the most important welterweight menace to Usman right now. I agree. Edwards is about as well-rounded a fighter as there may be on the UFC roster. I am to see how this one performs out. I am anticipating an in depth combat.
The UFC 278 primary card is a robust one. We have the return of former middleweight champ Luke Rockhold, who’s preventing meme king Paulo Costa. I am particularly wanting ahead to Jose Aldo in opposition to Merab Dvalishvili. Aldo arguably has the most effective takedown defence in UFC historical past. Cannot wait to see him in opposition to a brand new technology wrestler in Dvalishvili.
This is all the pieces you could know…
UFC 278 Begin time
The UFC 278 primary card begins at 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT) on July 2. Listed here are all the main points from a number of time zones.
- The primary card begins Aug 20, 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Aug. 20, 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Aug. 20, 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Aug. 21, 3 a.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Aug. 21, 1 a.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Aug. 20, 11 p.m. BST.
- The primary card begins Aug. 21, 12 p.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Aug. 21, 10 a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Aug. 21, 8.00 a.m. AEDT.
Easy methods to watch UFC 278
The UFC now has a partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the enlargement of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper selection. Particularly in the event you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know learn how to watch UFC 278, you may solely discover the combat night time on pay per view by means of ESPN Plus. The associated fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed here are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, in line with ESPN’s web site:
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC card for $75.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers should buy a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $100. This can be a respectable deal. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 278 solely by means of BT Sport.
There are extra choices in the event you dwell in Australia. You possibly can watch UFC 278 by means of Primary Occasion on Foxtel. It’s also possible to stream through Kayo for AU$55. You possibly can even order utilizing your PlayStation or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox.
Full combat card
These playing cards are topic to vary. We’ll endeavor to maintain issues as up-to-date as doable. I count on at the least one of many fights at the moment scheduled on the primary card to get moved right down to the prelims.
- Kamaru Usman vs. Leon Edwards
- Paulo Costa vs. Luke Rockhold
- Jose Aldo vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Francisco Figueiredo vs. Amir Albazi
- Marcin Tybura vs. Alexander Romanov
- Tyson Pedro vs. Harry Hunsucker
- Leonardo Santos vs. Jared Gordon
- Wu Yanan vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Sean Woodson vs. Luis Saldana
- A.J. Fletcher vs. Ange Loosa
- Amir Albazi vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Aoriqileng vs. Jay Perrin
- Daniel Da Silva vs. Victor Altamirano