Orzo Pasta Salad is a good twist on a basic pasta salad recipe and is an ideal lunch or aspect dish.
Tender riced-sized pasta is tossed with recent tomatoes, spinach, and chickpeas. It’s blended with simple lemon dressing and topped with feta cheese for the right chew!
Recent, tangy, and attractive recipe, serve it as a vegetarian fundamental dish or alongside grilled rooster or shrimp.
Substances for Orzo Pasta Salad
ORZO – Since that is an orzo pasta salad, I take advantage of orzo, which is pasta formed like massive grains of rice. It may be discovered within the pasta aisle of virtually any grocery retailer and it’s nice for salads or cooked and served scorching. Any mini pasta can be utilized.
VEGGIES – Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes add a tangy freshness. We additionally love recent spinach (or massaged kale) on this orzo pasta salad recipe. Add in your favourite crisp and crunchy greens, virtually something goes.
CHICKPEAS – Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) add texture and protein to this salad (however they aren’t the bottom of the salad like they’re in a Chickpea Salad).
BOLD FLAVORS: I add a little bit of crimson onion and a few feta cheese together with a easy zesty selfmade dressing.
- add your fave veggies from chopped cauliflower to cucumbers or crimson bell peppers
- stir in kalamata olives, chopped artichokes, or sundried tomatoes
- earlier than serving, sprinkle with recent herbs like recent mint, dill, parsley, or recent basil
- swap the feta for goat cheese
Dressing for Orzo Pasta Salad
This dressing takes simply a few minutes however you need to use any French dressing for an Orzo Pasta Salad.
- Use a light-weight flavored olive oil, further virgin olive oil could be a bit bitter for dressings.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon honey rather than sugar if desired
- lemon zest or recent dill might be added
- to make it quick, shake the dressing in a mason jar with a lid
To Make Orzo Pasta Salad
This orzo pasta salad is tremendous simple to organize.
- Whisk collectively orzo salad dressing components.
- Prepare dinner orzo till tender, then drain and funky.
- Mix all components in a big bowl and toss with dressing. Season with salt and black pepper to style.
Make-Forward for the Finest Taste
- Prepare dinner the orzo and rinse underneath chilly water to cease it from cooking.
- Whisk dressing components and refrigerate for as much as 2 days.
- Refrigerate no less than one hour earlier than serving. Re-toss earlier than serving.
- This salad comprises a number of recent components and they’ll hold for just a few days but it surely’s finest served inside about 48 hours.
Maintain some tomatoes and feta apart for garnish if desired.
Extra Tasty Pasta Salads
Simple Orzo Pasta Salad
This simple orzo pasta salad is a enjoyable Mediterranean twist on a basic pasta salad. With tomatoes, spinach and garbanzo beans, it’s filled with taste!
Observe Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Prepare dinner orzo till tender. Cool.
Mix all dressing components in a small bowl and whisk.
Mix orzo with remaining salad components.
Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate no less than 1 hour earlier than serving
Orzo Pasta Salad will hold in a lined container within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Stir earlier than serving once more.
Energy: 309, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 10g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 7g, Ldl cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 124mg, Potassium: 346mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 990IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 91mg, Iron: 2mg
(Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Pasta, Salad, Aspect Dish
Delicacies American, Mediterranean